- The time I did not insist on "safety first" and one of my employees was injured
- A two and a half-year period when our teams solved more than 2,000 minor issues that improved both safety and productivity
- The "tailboard safety meetings" with my children, as I taught them rifle and pistol safety
- My wife enforcing a no-cell-phone rule for drivers in our vehicles
- A visit to a hospital for an injured employee and his family
There is the good, the bad, and the ugly. And in all these, we must learn from the successes and the failures so as to eliminate all possibility of injury for those in our employ and in our families.
Please think about and learn from your personal Aha! moments so you can stay better focused on living and teaching a zero incident safety culture.